February 2, 2009


Hard to believe a couple of years have gone by!

In '07 around this time I was in Joshua Tree National Park shooting for Schneider National with the great Zach Magoon of Kemp-Goldberg fame.

After surviving a night in the lovely Safari Motor Inn and waking up to 17 degrees with no heat, (I recall waking up about 2 AM and emptying the contents of my pack over the top of my bed for insulation) we had a great shoot.  In the afternoon, we had a few hours to beat around the park; its an awesome place.  

Check it out if you ever have the chance.  Something like the largest gathering of Joshua trees in the solar system are there.

Here are a few shots that don't do it justice!

2 comments:

  1. Great story, nice shots! Thanks for zoom. Who would have know it was a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael, Too funny I found your blog--a friend I hadn't talked to in long time did a search for me without erasing the Joshua Tree part (He was going there this week and wanted to ask me a few questions). So he sent me this link.
    Hope all is well with you. I have since left KG and am working at a great environmentally focused agency in Portland called the SOAP Group. I've got two kids (girls) now and I think of you every time I read them the childrens' book "Flamingos on the Roof." In it there is a poem about the Appleton Twins (girls as well) that's pretty cute. Anyhow, I'd like to keep you in mind for shoots--please send along any contact info to: zmagoon@thesoapgroup.com
    Best,
    Zach Magoon

    ReplyDelete